Friday, January 31, 2014

Insuring Your Peace of Mind: Why we do what we do (Part II)


Greetings fellow Erie-area residents!

Like you, this week in itself could not go by quickly enough. Stress? Nah. My life’s work is in insurance. My job is to give you peace of mind, to alleviate your potential stresses. Naturally, I feel the need to set a worthy example.

But in the event that it wasn't obvious – although I’m not originally from Colorado and therefore cannot claim to be a natural Broncos fan, I’m looking forward to the big game this Sunday. I have one word for the many of you who are… Omaha!  

Hi, I’m John. I’m the President and founder of Pure Risk Solutions. If you live in Erie, you may know me. If not, there’s a chance you've seen me around. Why? Well, this community is extremely important to me. I’m the guy who lives up the street; who you may have sat next to at the last Chamber of Commerce meeting; who you perhaps saw at our tent at one of the many Town Of Erie events. I earned my degree from the University of Colorado at the Leeds School of Business (go Buffs!), and ever since, my family and I have been fortunate enough to call this area home. There’s a sense of pride that comes with that and a certain peace of mind it instills. I couldn't possibly be more appreciative for both.

I also consider myself to be an avid and loyal supporter of local business. Along with Pure Risk, I recently partnered in opening a new cidery and brewpub (The Old Mine) in Erie just below the insurance office. To me, it’s incredibly rewarding to be able to engage with the community. When I see friends, neighbors, and fellow residents come through the door of either establishment, I know I’m accomplishing my goal.

Speaking of small businesses, at Pure Risk, a large number of our clients include those who own them. If you are a small business owner and don’t feel like you’re adequately covered, or if you simply want to see what you may be missing – please call us. We have the expertise in this area to help you get the most out of your money.

Last week, my colleague, Dave Godel, kicked off our two part blog post series on why we’re passionate about what we do at Pure Risk and what drives us as insurance agents. I’d like to continue that discussion.

Simply put – I got into the insurance industry because I like helping people. And insurance is about people. If you were to break it down, that’s really what it was created for: to prepare folks for the future and to protect them from the curveballs that life can sometimes throw.

And what’s worth protecting? As a husband and father of two young children, to me, it’s family. There is nothing more reassuring than to know that I’m doing everything I can for them. Of course, insurance is also about ensuring peace of mind (a common theme at PRS!) in protecting anything that you consider to be important – be that family, your home, car, or business.

Overall, to me, insurance is only successful when it adequately protects the people it covers. You see, after graduation, I worked for one of the big conglomerate agencies. As Dave mentioned in his post – the general focus of those places tend to be “the next sale.” and not providing proper client service.

When I created Pure Risk Solutions, I was inspired to start an agency to take insurance back to the basics. The goal was and is still today, to cultivate a culture founded on integrity, hard work, responsiveness, and an ever-growing knowledge for our clients, our industry, and the ways they can most positively connect. This is what I stand for, and the foundation upon which Pure Risk is built.

So as we get further into the new year, I encourage you to think about the people and things around you that you consider to be most important. I understand the peace of mind that comes from protecting the things I love most, and I want to help those around me to do the same. Please feel free to call me, or stop by the office or brewpub. We are right around the corner.

As a conclusion, I’m going to say it now – Broncos 24, Seahawks 20. Celebrate safely, Colorado!

Warmest regards,
John


303-834-1001

No comments:

Post a Comment